Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tips on the New Walgreens Balance Rewards


As you know by now, Walgreens has introduced a new rewards program called Balance Rewards.  Don't worry, they are still doing the Register Rewards too. 

I know this all can be confusing, so I'm hoping I can break it down to you to help you understand, I was so lost at first, but I think I have it now :)

You can sign up in the store, or head on over HERE to sign up for one (note, if you sign up online, you will not get your card)

Balance Rewards Points are points that are earned when you purchase qualifying items.


If you refer to the chart above, this is what your points mean. 

You can redeem them once you get up to 5,000 points which is equal to $5.00.

But there is a slight catch...you can't use these points to purchase another item that gives you points, well, you can, but you just won't get those points on the new purchase.  BUT..you CAN use your points to buy a product that gives you Register Rewards :) 

And if you have products that qualify for balance rewards points and register rewards, you can buy them in the same transaction

And what I love about this point system is that they don't expire til 6 months!!  So you have a long time to save them and use them.  It does say if you don't have any account activity in 6 months that they will expire sooner 

As far as I know, there is no limit on the points system.  For example:

Buy 1 Cottonelle Fresh Wipes, receive 500 points

So if you wanted to buy 5 packages, you can do it all in one transaction!
(it worked for me when I did the diaper deal a few weeks ago)

Your points summary will print out at the bottom of your receipt, but you can always go online and check it out too.  



If you get your prescriptions filled at Walgreens, you can get 500 points for each one!


I hope this helps!!  :)  If I have missed anything or if you have any further questions regarding the new points system, just let me know :)

~Kristina~


No comments:

Post a Comment